Chicago’s North Shore is filled with luxurious homes that are tucked on quiet, tree lined streets or near Lake Michigan’s shores. If you’re considering relocating to Winnetka, Glencoe, Highland Park, Northbrook or Deerfield you may have started to research what homes are currently available on the North Shore Real Estate market, which is always a great way to start!
Yet, as you consider finding the luxury home of your dreams on Chicago’s North Shore, there are a few things you’ll want to know about buying in the high end market. As a North Shore Real Estate agent in the North Shore Real Estate market for a number of years, I can tell you that there are some differences and new things to note; so I’ve posted them below for your review!
1. Learn the search process- Oftentimes, luxury properties will go unlisted to protect the seller’s privacy. Having an experienced North Shore Real Estate agent by your side will ensure you have the inside connection to some of those unlisted properties.
2. Go beyond the photos- While photos of a home can be helpful for getting an initial first impression of a home; don’t write off a home simply because of the online photos. Luxury homes have many features that need to be seen in person to get a true feel for what the home has to offer.
3. Find a North Shore Real Estate Expert- You’ll want to find a North Shore Real Estate agent who is very familiar with the area and neighborhood in which you want to buy. Getting a showing appointment at a high-end home can be tough, unless your real estate agent has the necessary connections.
4. Bank on your relationships- You’ll want to go with the bank with which you currently have a relationship. They’ll have your portfolio ready and can be a great asset when you decide to move forward with the purchase.
5. Hire smart, reliable advisers- Aside from a trusted North Shore Real Estate agent, you’ll want to have a financial planner to discuss the purchase. Your North Shore Real Estate agent can guide you, but your financial planner can help you in making those final decisions.
6. Look into the future- If you are considering doing major renovations to the home before moving in, make sure you’ve considered the timeline. Plan on delays since there’s always something that could go wrong, and make sure you’re okay with the time it may take to get everything done.
7. There's room to negotiate- The amount of time and money that a seller has put into their luxury property can boost the price tag of a North Shore home. Your North Shore Real Estate agent will provide you with a list of comparable homes in the area and help you come up with an offer that is fair.
If you are considering buying a luxury home in Chicago’s North Shore, please feel free to contact me! I’ve lived and worked in the North Shore for over twenty-five years and have helped many buyers easily navigate through the home buying process.
I look forward to helping you find your luxury North Shore home!
Your North Shore Real Estate Expert
North Shore Real Estate
View North Shore Listings
Visit My Website