Wednesday, July 22, 2020

Mortgage Loan Documents Needed as North Shore Homebuyer

North Shore Mortgage Tips
If you’d like to buy a North Shore home this summer or fall, now is the time to start gathering your mortgage loan documents. In today’s competitive market, it’s more important than ever for a homebuyer to have a pre-approval letter from a mortgage lender before they start their home search.

Which documents you need will depend on what type of loan you get. As your North Shore real estate agent, I am here to fill you in on the basics, so you can start collecting documentation now.

If you are employed, get a regular W-2 every year, and are applying for a conventional mortgage loan, here are the documents you typically need:

1.  ID of some sort, such as driver’s license or passport.

2.  Proof of income. This could include pay stubs for last 30 days, last two federal tax returns, last two W-2s, and proof of any additional income, such as social security, alimony, etc.

3.  Proof of accounts. Last two statements for all bank accounts, including statements for investment or retirement accounts.

4.  Property. Bring settlement statement from any previous home sales, if applicable.

5.  Other. If you rent, bring contact information for your landlord for the last two years. If applicable, bring a divorce/separation agreement or property settlement agreement.

6.  If a family member is gifting you money for your home purchase, a mortgage lender will have a gift letter for them to fill out.

7.  A letter of explanation for late payments, collections, etc. in your credit history, if applicable.

For an FHA loan, the same documentation is needed. If you have 1099s instead of W2s, bring the last two of those.

If you are applying for an investment property loan, bring all of the above, plus settlement statements on any recent home sales, recent mortgage statements on all properties you own, proof of insurance for all properties, and current leases for all rental properties.

If you are self-employed or own a business, bring all of the same documentation, plus the last two years’ Corporate, S-Corp, LLC or partnership tax returns. You also may need the last two months’ profit-and-loss statements, balance sheet if applicable, and current business license.

If applying for a VA loan, you’ll need all of the above, plus a certificate of eligibility (COE) from the Veteran’s Administration. This may require form DD-214 for certificate of release or discharge, statement of service if still on active duty, or form 26-1817 or form 21-534 for surviving spouses.

For a USDA loan, there are many additional forms involved. You can find more information on all of these document requirements in this House Logic article

Start going through your documents and gathering them together, so when you make an appointment with a mortgage lender for a pre-approval, the process will be quick and painless! If you wish your credit score was higher or your debt was lower, spend some time working to improve those numbers before applying for a loan.

Mortgage rates are at record lows right now, so don’t wait to apply! When ready to buy in Glencoe, Winnetka, Highland Park, Deerfield, Northbrook, Lake Forest, Wilmette, Evanston, Glenview, Riverwoods, Bannockburn, or other North Shore communities, give me a call. I am your North Shore real estate agent, here and ready to help!

Janie Bress
Your North Shore Real Estate Expert

North Shore Real Estate
View North Shore Listings
Visit My Website

Local Expert... with National Connections!


  1. This is important and astounding data which is helpful for me. Much thanks to you such a great amount for giving this important data to us. Commercial Finance Australia

  2. You have done a good job with your knowledge that makes our work easy because you are providing such good information. Keep sharing this kind of knowledge with us. Home Loans Brisbane

  3. It is an instructive and educational article for us to build our insight. Continue to post. Commercial Lending Specialist Australia

  4. Mostly I do not comment on any post, but your blog has lots of knowledge. it's forcing me to do this. it has really amazing content please share more information with us.Advisor in Toledo for investing in retirement

  5. Hi there! Nice material, do keep me posted when you post something like this again! I will visit this blog leaps and bounds for more quality posts like it. Thank you for the helpful information.
    mortgage loan comparison singapore

  6. Very well written article. It was an awesome article to read. Complete rich content and fully informative. I totally Loved it. Forex Free Signals online platform

  7. nice and informative article. i highly appreciate your efforts. we offer in Canada.

  8. You have worked nicely with your insights that makes our work easy.Investments Options for Long Term Growth in Nigeria The information you have provided is really factual and significant for us. Keep sharing these types of article, Thank you.

  9. Teacher Mortgage UK I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article.

  10. Teacher Mortgage UK Pretty good post. I just stumbled upon your blog and wanted to say that I have really enjoyed reading your blog posts. Any way I'll be subscribing to your feed and I hope you post again soon. Big thanks for the useful info.

  11. Trish Greenwood Mortgage & Insurance Adviser
    I have read this blog. this is really amazing and helpful.thanks for sharing information.
    mortgage advisor Christchurch

  12. I found lots of valuable data in your article. Thanks for sharing an article like this. know more info click here mortgage

  13. As a middleman between mortgage buyers and mortgage lenders, mortgage brokers act, mortgage brokers are really necessary because we can't quickly locate decent mortgage lenders without them. You can visit Mortgage Intelligence's website if you are searching for a mortgage broker in the Oshawa area. Private mortgage lenders

  14. I read the above article and got some knowledge from your article which is about how to pay off credit card debt with no money It's actually great and useful data for us. Thanks for sharing it.

  15. I will share it with my other friends as the information is really very useful. Keep sharing your excellent work. Easy Cash Loans

  16. The greatest advantage of a mortgage loan is that you do not have to bequeath your ownership of the property and can get the loan at very low interest rates as opposed to most other loans. Concise Finance SW London

  17. Nice information, I am heartily very thankful to you for providing this kind of special knowledge. This information will always help everyone for gaining knowledge. Always keep sharing. Thanks. best ico marketing company in USA

  18. First-time home buyer florida I admire this article for the well-researched content and excellent wording. I got so involved in this material that I couldn’t stop reading. I am impressed with your work and skill. Thank you so much.